Utah Construction Law
Our construction law group has practical knowledge and experience in almost every aspect of construction law and litigation in Utah. Our clients appreciate our commitment to preventing claims and avoiding lawsuits. We actively present construction law seminars to contractors and suppliers, publish articles in construction trade magazines, and participate in construction trade organizations. Attorney Garrett A. Walker, the founder of Walker Law PLLC, serves as a leader in the Utah State Bar’s Construction Law Section.
We have represented some of the largest construction companies in Utah as both claimants and defendants. The construction clients we serve include:
- Construction Managers
- Insurance Companies
Our construction clients operate in every major segment of the construction industry. We have rendered assistance on the following types of construction projects:
- Energy & Mining
- Infrastructure & Utility
We have helped our clients prepare contracts, navigate licensing issues, and resolve construction disputes. Matters and disputes we handle are typically characterized by one or more of the following issues:
- Contract Performance & Termination
- Construction Liens
- Change Orders
- Construction Defects
- Fraud & Misrepresentation
- Payment & Performance Bonds
- Delay, Interference, & Disruption
- Acceleration, Deceleration, & Lost Productivity
- Differing Site Conditions
- Construction Warranties
- Personal Guarantees
- Insurance Coverage
- Scheduling Claims
Our construction clients have successfully recovered or saved millions of dollars through litigation and settlements. Notable results include:
- Procurement and payment of a $9,000,000 judgment for a pipeline contractor after a jury found that the owner breached its contract.
- Successful defense of a $3,000,000 construction defect claim against a construction manager stemming from water intrusion on a townhome project.
- Favorable settlement of $2,000,000 in construction lien claims for a material supplier on multi-family housing projects.
- Effective defense of a $1,500,000 contract claim against a contractor on a mixed-use project.
- Favorable settlement of a $1,000,000 construction lien claim for a contractor on a commercial project.
- Successful defense of an $850,000 construction defect claim against a contractor stemming from a house fire.
- Advantageous settlement of hundreds of construction lien and payment bond claims for subcontractors and suppliers resulting in payments ranging from $5,000 to $250,000.
We are affiliate members of the following construction trade organizations:
- Intermountain Electrical Association
- Utah Masonry Council
- Utah Plumbing & Heating Contractors Association
- Utah Roofing Contractors Association